• Eyebright – This one is considered to be a folklore medicine in terms of treating eyes infection. Studies have shown that eye drops containing eye bright speed up recovery from conjunctivitis i.e. redness as we as discharge caused by irritation of the outside lining of the eye.
• Calendula – Calendula is counted amongst one of the gentlest herbs for eyes infection that can be used in every part of your skin. It is deemed to be very soothing to both the inner as well as the skin in the outer part of the eyes. It helps to reduce itching, swelling and inflammation. So, it can be safely used in eyes infections such as conjunctivitis or “pink eyes”, irritation due to pollution, minor injuries and allergies. Apply it as a compress or an eye wash.
• Chamomile – Many European countries have been using chamomile tea for the treatment of eyes diseases such as conjunctivitis or “pink eyes” or even blocked tear ducts. To make an eyes wash, brew a weak tea with dried chamomile flower tops along with distilled water. Strain the mixture with the help of a coffee filter and let the liquid cool down. Apply it every few hours for a couple of days.
• Mint – Mint tea has been in usage for holistic healing as well as relaxation purpose. No wonder it one of the most effective herbs for eyes infection. It can be used as a sort of hot compression under your eyes so as to bring relief from redness, inflammation and itching. Soak two bags of mint tea bags in boiling water for about two minutes. Remove the mint tea bags from the water and place them in a plastic bag. Allow them to cool for about 20 minutes in your refrigerator. After it has cooled down, place the tea bags along with the plastic bags over your eyes for ten minutes.
• Fennel seeds – Fennel seeds is a very good remedy for pink “eyes.” Take two teaspoonfuls of fennel seeds and add them to a glass of water and boil this concoction for the next few minutes. Let it and then strain the mixture. Use it as eyes wash two or three times a day.
These top five herbs for eyes infections are sure to bring relief from illness and various other discomforts that are associated with it. Try them out for a quick home remedy against infection such as conjunctivitis.