Mold Spores – How They Spread in Your Home and How to Clean Them Properly

0
7

Everything begins with something small and the same can be said for mold. It all begins with mold spores, those minute and invisible spores that the wind carries inside your house.

Given enough time, moisture and the right conditions, these spores would eventually turn into mold and take over your household. Now, mold is relatively harmless but there are varieties that are poisonous to human beings. It is, however, a natural occurrence and its existence is something that can’t be helped. But the thing is, there should be mold inside your home. Not only are they very unsightly to see, they can also cause you health problems such as asthma to severe respiratory problems.

So you need to prevent it before it happens. But how?

There are a number of proven tricks that one can adapt in order to prevent mold from growing inside their homes. The first thing would be to keep your house dry because mold thrives in a moist environment. You can do this by using a dehumidifier, which you can buy from practically any home supply store and very affordable prices, suck out all the natural moisture in the air inside your house.

Moisture combined with enough sunlight provides molds a great environment to thrive in. Cutting off one of the elements they need is the first step to getting rid of mold.

Another thing you should do is check all your pipes for leaks. Look in the basement and under your kitchen sink and bathroom vanities. One little leak can provide a breeding ground for mold.

The next step is to clean up the surfaces where you have spotted mold and then checking other places in your home that are usually damp in order to make sure that there is no mold hiding in dark corners or crevices.

When cleaning mold, however, you do need to be careful that mold spores do not break away and drift to other areas of your home. If the mold is dry in appearance, you should wet it down a bit before touching it so the spores won’t become airborne. After cleaning any mold, be sure to dispose of your cleaning rags and sponges so that the mold remaining on them will not be transferred to the next thing you clean.



Source by Howard Mouldar

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here