Many people wear contact lenses for reasons of convenience and beauty, but they also have practical advantages over glasses. Here are some of them:
- Vision becomes more natural and the sizes of objects are represented correctly. Glasses distort the form and the size of an object
- The frame of a pair of glasses limits peripheral vision
- Contact lenses move with your eyes
- Lenses do not mist over in cool or damp weather, they do not freeze in the winter, they do not become wet under a rain and snow does not stick to them.
- If the powers your eyes require are significantly different, contact lenses can be made in such a way that both eyes will operate in coordination
- Lenses are irreplaceable for people who play sports, dance, or have an active lifestyles.
- Lenses help your children avoid the psychological and physical traumas related to wearing glasses.
- Contact lenses can protect the cornea during recuperation. Special soft medical lenses are made for this purpose.
Contact lens cons
On the down side:
- contact lenses need frequent replacement, so they cost more
- wearing contact lenses presents a certain risk of eye infection, particularly if you don’t clean them properly
- caring for your lenses takes time
When contact lenses are definitely superior to glasses
- In cases of severe short-sightedness, when thick glasses are very heavy and make your eyes look small
- In cases where there is a big difference (more than 2.5 diopters) between the visual acuity of your eyes. With such a condition, glasses can’t provide adequate correction
- In cases where your cornea needs special protection – for excample, after the removal of a cataract
It seems that benefits contact lenses offer outweigh the effort that is needed to take care of them. Besides, many people think that they simply don’t look good in glasses. Contacts are a perfect solution for this problem because they are practically invisible.