If you’re like me, you’re probably curious about the new Worgen race in WoW Cataclysm. This Worgen guide will introduce you to the racial traits and abilities for this intriguing new race.
Firstly, you should note that this new race will fall under the Alliance faction. Worgens are shape-shifters and your toon will be able to assume the sexy new werewolf form (which are all the rage these days) or human form.
Worgen Abilities and Traits
- Aberration – This ability reduces all the effects of curses and diseases by 15%
- Darkflight – This ability increases your movement by 70% for 10 seconds
- Flayer – Your skinning skills will be enhanced by 15 and you’ll be able to skin 0.5 seconds faster
- Running Wild – Your racial mount… is you! Drop on all fours and go!
- Two Forms – As mentioned earlier, you can go about in Worgen or Human form. Your Worgen form will be used in combat.
- Viciousness – Your critical strike chance is increased by 1%
You will be able to pick up the following classes if you choose to roll a Worgen:
- Death Knight
- Druid (imagine how many shape shifted forms you can take up with this one!)
I quickly realized that regardless of which class you pick for your Worgen character, playing a Worgen is going to be awesome. The racial abilities that Worgens have give them an advantage in dealing damage, running or catching enemies, PvP and leveling.
It’s a pity that we won’t be able to roll a Shaman Worgen or Paladin Worgen, but with the choices we have to pick from, I’m not complaining. The graphics for the male Worgen look very cool, but the female Worgens appear slightly disproportionate to me. Hopefully, Blizzard will fix this before Cataclysm is released. Till then, I hope you’ve found this article informative and helpful!