I’m pretty sure you know how risky it is to buy gold from the online sellers. That’s against Blizzard’s rules and if your transfer is intercepted, you can get banned. Also, many gold sellers have keylogger on their sites and there’s a high chance to get your account hacked if you enter one of those sites. So, if WoW gold becomes a problem, the best alternative is a WotLK gold making guide.
Now, I don’t have the time to write a full WotLK gold making guide here, but I surely can reveal a few nice gold making tips. So, here are 7 tips to make gold in the WotLK zones.
1. If you’re going to farm on humanoid mobs, choose the ones that drop Relics of Ulduar. Even if now this reputation can be leveled via Emblems of Triumph, these reputation items are still on high demand.
2. If you have skinning, always choose a spot where you can get more than Borean Leather and Arctic Fur. For example, all the proto-drakes drop Icy Dragonscales and mammoths drop Chunk o’Mammoth used in cooking. Extra valuable items will bring you extra money.
3. If you’re gathering, choose an area with high accessibility, like Wintergrasp for example. You don’t even need a flying mount to gather herbs or minerals here. Of course, without one the competition will always be ahead of you and you won’t be so effective as a gatherer without an epic flying mount.
4. Engineers can now salvage re-usable parts from mechanical mobs in the game. So, basically engineering can be used now as skinning, you only have to pick a camp with golems or robots. They drop plenty of valuable engineering parts, like Cobalt Bolts, Overcharged Capacitors etc.
5. The fifth tip that I’m going to reveal in this short WotLK gold making guide, stands for fishing. Every zone in WoW had a required fishing skill, but since that has been removed, everyone can make nice gold by fishing in the waters of Northrend with no more than 1 fishing skill level. However, to avoid catching junk, you must throw your lures in schools of fish.
6. Frost Lotus is a valuable flower that can drop from any herb node in Northrend. In Wintergrasp though, Frost Lotus can be found separately. So, if you’re a herbalist and you’re after this herb, Wintergrasp is the zone to choose. Make sure that you have 450 in herbalism, though.
7. The last tip I will share in this brief WotLK gold making guide refers to daily quests. There are quite many quests of this kind in Northrend and if you manage to create a certain route solving many dailies in the shortest time possible, this can be an excellent way to make gold.
I hope these tips helped. However, if not, I can only recommend you a complete WotLK gold making guide.