Are you playing as a Wizard and want to learn how to proper build your character to dominate your friends at Diablo III? Learning exactly what kind of build to use for specific situations are very important if you want to avoid being labelled a novice player in the Diablo III realm. If you want to learn how to properly build your Diablo III Wizard, here is a build that you might want to consider using.
However, please keep in mind that this build is created around my play style and might not work as well for you as it did for me. Below is a build that focuses on AOE and CC for the Diablo III Wizard.
Shock Pulse (Lightning Affinity) – This should be the primary skill that you choose as your left click. Since this is a signature spell, it is free to cast meaning that it does not require any resources. Shock Pulse releases 3 medium range pulses that fire randomly and deal 105% of weapon damage. The rune stone chosen will allow you to restore 2 Arcane Power for every target hit.
Frost Nova (Bone Chill) – This is the secondary skill that you should choose for your right click. Frost Nova is a very effective CC ability that allows you to blast enemies nearby with ice and render them immobile for 3 seconds. The rune stone chosen causes frozen enemies to take 15% increased damage.
Blizzard (Unrelenting Storm) – This is your first skill that will require Arcane Power to activate. Set this skill as number 1 on your keyboard. Blizzard is an AOE ability that showers an area with shards of ice and causes enemies hit to take 210% weapon damage as Cold over 6 seconds. The rune stone chosen increases the damage to 280% instead of 210% and increases the duration to 8 seconds instead of 6 seconds.
Slow Time (Stretch Time) – Another important CC ability that you will have in your arsenal of spells. Set this ability as number 2 on your keyboard. Slow time warps the time in an area for 8 seconds and causes enemies to have a 20% decrease in attack speed and 30% in movement speed. The area affected also slows the projectiles of enemies by 90%. The rune stone chosen increases allies attack speed by 10% for those who stand in the targeted cast area.
Ice Armour (Ice Reflect) – The second ability that will require Arcane Power to cast. Set this spell to number 3 on your keyboard. Ice Armour surrounds your character in ice and causes enemies that hit you with melee attacks to be chilled or frozen for 2 seconds. Ice Armour lasts for 120 seconds. The rune stone chosen will cause melee attacks towards you to have a 25% chance of proc’ing Frost Nova on the attacker, which will deal 75% weapon damage as Cold.
Mirror Image (Mirror Mimics) – This will be the last spell that you will want to equip. Set this skill as number 4 on your keyboard. Mirror Image summons two duplicates of your character that last 7 seconds and has 25% of your HP. The images will cast some of the same spells that you cast. The rune stone chosen allows the spells casted by the images to deal 10% of the damage.
The passive skills that I chose for this build were Prodigy, Astral Presence and Cold Blooded. Prodigy allows you to gain 4 Arcane Power every time you deal damage with Shock Pulse. Astral Presence increases your maximum Arcane Power by 20 and its regeneration by 2 per second. Cold Blooded increases damage to those who are chilled and frozen by 20%.
Learn Exactly How To Create The Perfect Wizard Build
If you want to learn exactly how you can create the perfect Wizard build to take on every single imaginable situation, it is highly recommend to use the Diablo III Secrets guide.
A guide like this will not only show you exactly how to put together the best skills and runes for every situation, but you will also learn how to completely max out your character and dominate your enemies with ease at Diablo III.