Since our first birthday, we have always known that cakes play such a significant role in our lives. Not one birthday or wedding goes by without the traditional cake cutting ceremony.
So what is special about cakes that make it irreplaceable?
Originally first used in Germany during the middle ages, this dessert form was used in children’s birthdays; then called kinderfest. As the years passed by, it became more and more elaborate. In the beginning, it was not much sweeter but slowly people understood that sweet enhanced its taste greatly. What followed was a radical change of this fine desert. It came in layers, had icing and several kinds of decorations. Moreover, several new flavors were implemented over the years.
More of a tradition
Back then, making a cake was tricky because such utensils came in at an expensive price. But as times passed, these items became cheaper, and baking cakes increased significantly. It’s not just the case of taste as much as the tradition. In medieval ages, people use to mix objects like coins and ornaments in cakes thinking it will bring good luck and prosperity to whoever cuts it
Coming to the shape, these pastries came predominantly in round shapes as it constitutes the cycle of life. But these days, cakes come in several shapes and sizes. It depends on a specific person what kind they want. Kids might prefer it in the shape of some cartoons like Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck while adults might like shapes such as of guitars or any other fancy items.
Some of the things that you need to consider in a pastry supplier while getting a cake are:-
• Supplier: It does matter from whom you are getting this pastry from. There are several suppliers available in the market, but not all of them are good enough. Make sure that the supplier is well renowned and has a good working background.
• Good establishment: Make sure that the place where you are getting your desert from actually has a good infrastructural establishment.
• Consistent quality: The supplier should be consistent enough with the quality of pastries. They should maintain a level that is to everyone’s liking.
• Timely delivery: You should check well beforehand about their delivery system. There’s no point ordering something if they can’t deliver the items on time for your special occasion.
• Cost: Though not skimping on the quality, you should look for pastry shops that offer items at moderate or affordable prices.