WESTFORD, Mass.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–A new national survey among 755 consumers conducted by Force of Nature™ revealed that the COVID-19 pandemic has driven increased concern about the safety of disinfectants used to clean and sanitize.
Highlights of the survey include:
- 90 percent of the respondents worry about the safety of the chemicals used in most disinfecting and sanitizing products now that they are being used on an ongoing basis in locations such as child-care facilities, schools, offices, bars and restaurants.
- 91 percent of the respondents stated they are concerned about their children being exposed to these chemicals and they do not believe that the chemicals are safe enough to be touched or inhaled by children.
- 88 percent responded that they are worried about the long-term health risks that might be associated with the higher usage of most disinfectants and sanitizers.
“People are deeply concerned about the dangers associated with the chemicals common in everyday cleaning products and the health effects these chemicals can have on their children as their use increases each day,” said Sandy Posa, Co-Founder and CEO, Force of Nature. “Businesses and schools are facing a new reality as they implement a routine that requires constant cleaning and sanitizing, and as a result, adults and children are being exposed to higher amounts of disinfectant chemicals than probably any time in history, at higher levels than have been evaluated in health or safety studies. Common disinfectant chemicals are associated with health risks ranging from endocrine disruption to asthma and allergies. 1 in 7 adults has asthma and almost 40% of U.S. children have asthma or allergies, so using safe disinfectants is critical. We created Force of Nature to meet this need, because it kills 99.9% of germs without toxic chemicals, residues or fumes.”
Consumers are also paying attention to the cleaning methods used at businesses. As businesses reopen and adhere to strict cleaning and sanitizing guidelines, customers are noticing their cleaning routines. If they are satisfied with the cleanliness and safety of the products used, consumers will reward businesses with their loyalty.
The survey found that:
- 88 percent said they would choose to go to a business more often if they knew that the business was using disinfecting products that were both effective and kept their family safe from harmful chemicals.
- 86 percent would visit more often if they knew that the business was using a brand of disinfecting products they personally knew and trusteed.
The Force of Nature Cleaning and Disinfecting System
The Force of Nature cleaning and disinfecting system is an EPA registered and Green Seal Certified disinfectant that has zero toxic ingredients. The multi-purpose cleaner, disinfectant and sanitizer contains no skin or respiratory allergens, no harmful residues or fumes. The Force of Nature system is a patent-pending appliance that miniaturizes an industrial technology called electrolyzed water. The anti-microbial in electrolyzed water, hypochlorous acid, is as effective as bleach, while being so gentle it is used in wound healing and eye care products.
Force of Nature is on the EPA’s List N, the disinfectants approved for use against SARS-CoV-2, the cause of Covid-19. It kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses, even MRSA, Staph, Norovirus, Listeria, Influenza A, and Pseudomonas, without any harmful chemicals.
How it works
The Force of Nature appliance uses electricity to change the chemical composition of tap water, plus a capsule of salt, water and vinegar, into 2 new ingredients:
- Hypochlorous acid – the anti-microbial and the same substance the human immune system produces to fight infection. It is as effective as bleach.
- Sodium hydroxide – a common detergent that breaks down soil, grease, grime and soap scum.
In laboratory tests at UMass Lowell, Force of Nature was proven to be just as effective as the leading brands in cleaning and deodorizing without toxic ingredients and at a fraction of their costs. In addition to its unique safety and efficacy benefits, Force of Nature eliminates single-use plastic bottles, making it earth-friendly as well as Green Seal Certified.
About The Survey
The online survey was conducted among users and non-users of Force of Nature within the United States from July 14, 2020 to July 27, 2020. A total of 755 respondents completed the survey.
About Force of Nature
Force of Nature is an appliance that converts tap water, plus a capsule of salt, water and vinegar, into a cleaner and EPA registered disinfectant. It is on the EPA’s List N, the disinfectants approved for use against SARS-CoV-2, the cause of Covid-19. For more information visit forceofnatureclean.com