- Your Voice: Hong Kong should make all plastics biodegradable to save its oceans (long letters) – YP
- ‘Like you’re in a horror movie’: pollution leaves New Zealand wetlands irreversibly damaged – The Guardian
- 31 Ideas To Meaningfully Celebrate Earth Day (2023) – Good Good Good
- ‘Spectacular’ spiny crayfish samples recovered amid Lismore floods key to mapping species – The Guardian
- Fact check: Antarctic ice sheet mass study shows global warming – USA TODAY
- DOE to Launch $250M Program Funding Federal Green Building … – Executive Gov
- Momentum building for green retrofits in New York City co-ops, condos – Building Design + Construction
- Biden energy secretary defends praising China on climate change spending in fiery hearing exchange – Fox News
HE EARTH HAS PROBLEMS, AND WE AREN’T HELPING, NOT EVEN THOSE WHO CLAIM TO CARE.
We humans seem to have a problem accepting the obvious. We squabble over the uncertain and ignore the undeniable. We fail to solve the things we can. Deforestation could be addressed – but it is not. Overpopulation could be addressed – but it is not. We humans prefer dramas. We prefer to fight over petty issues. We want to feel good, not do good. We don’t offer sacrifice, unless it is the sacrifice of someone else. The earth has problems, and we aren’t helping, not even those who claim to care.