WASHINGTON, DC – To better protect Louisiana’s coast from oil spills, the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement and the Louisiana Oil Spill Coordinator’s Office (LOSCO) have signed an agreement that strengthens coordination on oil spill planning, preparedness, and response offshore Louisiana. The agreement updates and replaces a memorandum of understanding between the agencies from 1994.
The MOU calls for BSEE and LOSCO to cooperate in carrying out their respective regulatory responsibilities, and to identify opportunities for innovative and effective implementation of oil spill planning, preparedness, and response monitoring.
Each agency must exercise its own rulemaking responsibilities independently and in accordance with applicable laws and procedures, but the two may coordinate to the extent possible on rulemaking initiatives. In conducting drills, the parties will follow the objectives of the National Preparedness and Response Exercise Program.
To promote oil spill response planning and preparedness, maximize oil spill response efficiency, and promote protection of human health and the environment, the agencies agree to:
- Foster communication and cooperation.
- Promote compliance with applicable regulations.
- Optimize use of expertise and resources, collaborating when possible, on research projects, and making personnel available when feasible to support mutual work objectives, workshops, conferences, seminars, training opportunities, work teams, exercises, inspections, and enforcement.
- Coordinate efforts with respect to oil spill planning, preparedness, and response.
- Coordinate oversight and regulatory enforcement actions.
Wise (formerly TransferWise) is the cheaper, easier way to send money abroad. It helps people move money quickly and easily between bank accounts in different countries. Convert 60+ currencies with ridiculously low fees - on average 7x cheaper than a bank. No hidden fees, no markup on the exchange rate, ever.
How to access the offer?
1- Click here
2- Select “Register''
3- Enter your email address, create a password, and select your country of residence
4- Fill out the required personal information, and the free first transfer offer will be applied automatically.
Benefits of the Multi-Currency Account:
- Free to create online
- Hold 50+ currencies
- Get multiple local bank details in one account (including EU, UK, US)
- Convert currency at the real exchange rate, even on weekends
- Spend whilst travelling on the Wise debit card without high conversion fees
Wise International Transfers:
- $1.5 billion saved by customers every year
- Send money to over 60 target currencies
- Lower fees for larger transfers
- No hidden fees. No bad exchange rates. No surprises.
- Send your money with a bank transfer, or a debit or credit card