CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KCRG) – A camp which helps kids after a natural disaster starts in Cedar Rapids this week.
The camp first came to Cedar Rapids after the 2008 flood, but this time it will focus on the August 2020 derecho.
Camp Noah is free and runs through Friday this week at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church.
Children will get to participate in activities to process their fears and feelings, develop resiliency, and coping skills.
Organizers wanted to hold the camp immediately after the derecho, but COVID-19 put it on pause.
Wednesday will mark two years since the derecho in Cedar Rapids.
The city was one of the hardest hit areas of the storm on August 10, 2020.
The storm killed three people in Iowa and caused billions of dollars in damage.
Copyright 2022 KCRG. All rights reserved.
Wise (formerly TransferWise) is the cheaper, easier way to send money abroad. It helps people move money quickly and easily between bank accounts in different countries. Convert 60+ currencies with ridiculously low fees - on average 7x cheaper than a bank. No hidden fees, no markup on the exchange rate, ever.
How to access the offer?
1- Click here
2- Select “Register''
3- Enter your email address, create a password, and select your country of residence
4- Fill out the required personal information, and the free first transfer offer will be applied automatically.
Benefits of the Multi-Currency Account:
- Free to create online
- Hold 50+ currencies
- Get multiple local bank details in one account (including EU, UK, US)
- Convert currency at the real exchange rate, even on weekends
- Spend whilst travelling on the Wise debit card without high conversion fees
Wise International Transfers:
- $1.5 billion saved by customers every year
- Send money to over 60 target currencies
- Lower fees for larger transfers
- No hidden fees. No bad exchange rates. No surprises.
- Send your money with a bank transfer, or a debit or credit card