HIGHLAND, N.Y. — The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has released the “Draft Neversink River Unit Management Plan” and is seeking public comment.
The plan guides the future uses and management of approximately 8,644 acres of DEC-managed public lands within the Neversink River Unit in the towns of Highland, Wawarsing, Mamakating and Forestburgh.
“These properties are popular recreational destinations for hiking, fishing, paddling, camping, hunting, and more,” DEC Regional Director Kelly Turturro said in a press release. “DEC is dedicated to improving access, preserving natural features, and protecting fish and wildlife habitats on these lands.”
The draft plan, among other things, suggests:
• Expansion of the Katrina Falls Parking Area to a 20-car capacity and accessible parking facilities on the Neversink River Unique Area.
• Development of a breach plan to improve water flow in the Eden Brook tributary to the Neversink River.
• Installation of information kiosks for all parking areas within the unit.
• Improvements to accessible ATV trails that provides access to the Neversink River for qualifying individuals with mobility impairments on the Neversink River area
The DEC is holding a public meeting at the Sullivan County Legislative Meeting Room of the Sullivan County Government Building, 100 North St., Monticello, on Thursday, Aug. 4, from 6 to 8 p.m. The public meeting will provide an opportunity to learn more about the proposed management actions in the draft.
Comments can be submitted until Friday, Aug. 19, by mail to DEC Division of Lands and Forests, 21 South Putt Corners Road, New Paltz, N.Y. 12561, and by email to R3.UMP@dec.ny.gov.
Wise (formerly TransferWise) is the cheaper, easier way to send money abroad. It helps people move money quickly and easily between bank accounts in different countries. Convert 60+ currencies with ridiculously low fees - on average 7x cheaper than a bank. No hidden fees, no markup on the exchange rate, ever.
How to access the offer?
1- Click here
2- Select “Register''
3- Enter your email address, create a password, and select your country of residence
4- Fill out the required personal information, and the free first transfer offer will be applied automatically.
Benefits of the Multi-Currency Account:
- Free to create online
- Hold 50+ currencies
- Get multiple local bank details in one account (including EU, UK, US)
- Convert currency at the real exchange rate, even on weekends
- Spend whilst travelling on the Wise debit card without high conversion fees
Wise International Transfers:
- $1.5 billion saved by customers every year
- Send money to over 60 target currencies
- Lower fees for larger transfers
- No hidden fees. No bad exchange rates. No surprises.
- Send your money with a bank transfer, or a debit or credit card