Although some floods, like flash floods, can not be predicted, many are as predictable as the weather. If you happen to have time to prepare for an incoming flood, there are a variety of things FEMA recommends doing in preparation. Before anything else, you should turn on any flood protection devices you may have within your home, for example, a sump pump. Along with turning on these items, you should turn off your home electricity, which can be done at your home’s circuit breaker panel.
Once your electricity is off, and your flood devices are running, you can collect any valuables and important documents to store in a safe, water-tight position. FEMA then recommends elevating any electronic devices you may have around your home to prevent them from being harmed by potential water damage. If you have time, it may also be useful to clear any draining systems you have around your home. Finally, set up any temporary flood barriers that are available to you, like sandbags, flood walls, and flood skirts.
Wise (formerly TransferWise) is the cheaper, easier way to send money abroad. It helps people move money quickly and easily between bank accounts in different countries. Convert 60+ currencies with ridiculously low fees - on average 7x cheaper than a bank. No hidden fees, no markup on the exchange rate, ever.
How to access the offer?
1- Click here
2- Select “Register''
3- Enter your email address, create a password, and select your country of residence
4- Fill out the required personal information, and the free first transfer offer will be applied automatically.
Benefits of the Multi-Currency Account:
- Free to create online
- Hold 50+ currencies
- Get multiple local bank details in one account (including EU, UK, US)
- Convert currency at the real exchange rate, even on weekends
- Spend whilst travelling on the Wise debit card without high conversion fees
Wise International Transfers:
- $1.5 billion saved by customers every year
- Send money to over 60 target currencies
- Lower fees for larger transfers
- No hidden fees. No bad exchange rates. No surprises.
- Send your money with a bank transfer, or a debit or credit card