BETHESDA, Md., June 26, 2018 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — With college out for the summer season, many households are planning driving holidays. Including pre-trip auto care to street journey plans lessens the prospect of a roadside breakdown for all motorists and is much more essential for these driving older autos, says the Automobile Care Council.
In accordance with AAA roadside knowledge, “autos 10 years and older are twice as prone to be stranded on the roadside, and 4 occasions extra prone to require a tow.” The findings additionally present that the highest causes for requiring a tow are battery and electrical programs points (23 p.c), engine cooling system failures (11 p.c) and tire harm that can’t be repaired or changed on the roadside (10 p.c).
“The Automobile Care Council urges all drivers to ensure their autos are road-trip prepared to reduce the prospect of automobile hassle away from dwelling,” stated Wealthy White, government director, Automobile Care Council. “With the typical car age exceeding 11.5 years and the percentages of a roadside breakdown a lot higher for these with older autos, a pre-trip car inspection is very essential to assist guarantee a stress-free journey.”
The non-profit Automobile Care Council recommends a car verify previous to departure to keep away from the trouble and surprising expense of automobile hassle away from dwelling, together with:
- Verify the battery and change if vital. Ensure the electrical system is charging on the right charge; overcharging can harm a battery as rapidly as undercharging. Extreme warmth and overcharging shortens the lifetime of a battery.
- Verify the HVAC (heating, ventilating and air-con) system as correct cooling efficiency is crucial for inside consolation.
- Verify the tires, together with tire strain and tread. Uneven put on signifies a necessity for wheel alignment. Tires must also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
- Verify all fluids, together with engine oil, energy steering, brake and transmission in addition to windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant.
- Verify the wipers and lighting with the intention to see and be seen. Verify that each one inside and exterior lighting is working correctly and change worn wiper blades so you’ll be able to see clearly when driving throughout precipitation.
The Automobile Care Council additionally recommends inspecting the brake system, performing a tune-up, checking and restocking the emergency package, and totally charging cell telephones earlier than leaving dwelling.
The Automobile Care Council is the supply of data for the “Be Automobile Care Conscious” client training marketing campaign selling the advantages of standard car care, upkeep and restore to shoppers. For the newest automobile care information, go to the council’s on-line media room at http://media.carcare.org.
View authentic content material with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/add-pre-trip-auto-care-to-summer-road-trip-plans-300672422.html
SOURCE Automobile Care Council