The Washoe County School District is offering a mileage reimbursement program for parents who have to navigate a disrupted school bus system starting next week.
Bus routes for general education students will be suspended for one week on a rotating basis in each of the district’s five service areas, forcing families to find alternative transportation. Buses designated for special education students will continue full operation, as required by federal law.
Parents whose children who would typically use the school buses and now have to drive their children to school will be reimbursed at the rate of $0.625 per mile.
Parents can fill out the mileage reimbursement form online on the school district’s website. The reimbursement forms will be processed on a weekly basis and parents can expect to receive a check approximately three weeks after submitting the forms, Scott Lee, director of transportation, said during a media briefing Friday afternoon
Lee said the school district will vet information provided in the forms to determine which families are eligible for the reimbursement program. They can also verify the students’ attendance.
Lee added that parents can only be reimbursed for the trip to and from school.
According to WCSD, the criteria for reimbursement are:
- The Student Transportation Reimbursement Form must be completed no later than 30 days after the start of the week of transportation suspension.
- Students must reside outside of the school walk zone and be eligible for general education school transportation. Students on variances are not eligible for school transportation or reimbursements.
- Reimbursement is only for the days when transportation is suspended for school and student attendance for those days will be verified through Infinite Campus.
- Reimbursement will be based on the primary address listed in Infinite Campus and will only be for one trip to and from school. Be sure your address is current in Infinite Campus. Mileage from home to school is calculated utilizing the District Transportation routing software.
The calendar and schedule for the rotating bus schedule can be found on the school district’s website.
Daily bus schedules will also be available for students who live in remote areas.
Kristin Oh is a public safety reporter for the Reno Gazette Journal. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 775-420-1285 Please help support her work by subscribing.
Wise (formerly TransferWise) is the cheaper, easier way to send money abroad. It helps people move money quickly and easily between bank accounts in different countries. Convert 60+ currencies with ridiculously low fees - on average 7x cheaper than a bank. No hidden fees, no markup on the exchange rate, ever.
How to access the offer?
1- Click here
2- Select “Register''
3- Enter your email address, create a password, and select your country of residence
4- Fill out the required personal information, and the free first transfer offer will be applied automatically.
Benefits of the Multi-Currency Account:
- Free to create online
- Hold 50+ currencies
- Get multiple local bank details in one account (including EU, UK, US)
- Convert currency at the real exchange rate, even on weekends
- Spend whilst travelling on the Wise debit card without high conversion fees
Wise International Transfers:
- $1.5 billion saved by customers every year
- Send money to over 60 target currencies
- Lower fees for larger transfers
- No hidden fees. No bad exchange rates. No surprises.
- Send your money with a bank transfer, or a debit or credit card