A wide-ranging new Pew Research Center poll shows large age-related divides in Republicans’ views on global warming.
Driving the news: Nearly half of Republicans (or who “lean” Republican) age 18-29 say the federal government is doing too little on the topic. But as you can see above, this concern drops off pretty sharply with age.
- There are also generational splits over policy, though carbon emissions taxes and incentives for carbon capture have more unified backing.
- Our chart only shows the youngest and oldest cohorts polled, but the full poll looked at four age groupings.
Of note: The poll’s margin of error for specific age groups by party is bigger than the +/- 2.2% for overall party samples, but the results clearly show divides even with those uncertainties.
The big picture: 79% of Democrats and Dem-leaners say President Biden’s climate policies are taking the country in the right direction, compared to 15% in the R and lean-R camp.
Wise (formerly TransferWise) is the cheaper, easier way to send money abroad. It helps people move money quickly and easily between bank accounts in different countries. Convert 60+ currencies with ridiculously low fees - on average 7x cheaper than a bank. No hidden fees, no markup on the exchange rate, ever.
How to access the offer?
1- Click here
2- Select “Register''
3- Enter your email address, create a password, and select your country of residence
4- Fill out the required personal information, and the free first transfer offer will be applied automatically.
Benefits of the Multi-Currency Account:
- Free to create online
- Hold 50+ currencies
- Get multiple local bank details in one account (including EU, UK, US)
- Convert currency at the real exchange rate, even on weekends
- Spend whilst travelling on the Wise debit card without high conversion fees
Wise International Transfers:
- $1.5 billion saved by customers every year
- Send money to over 60 target currencies
- Lower fees for larger transfers
- No hidden fees. No bad exchange rates. No surprises.
- Send your money with a bank transfer, or a debit or credit card