- Video captures shocking moment landslide took place in Himachal | Latest News India
- Microbes Don’t Stay on Plastic Particles as They Descend to the Deep Sea
- Analysis: Climate change, scarcity chip away at degrowth taboo
- Hydropower plant under the Alps could help secure Europe’s energy supply
- Inside Somalia’s vicious cycle of deforestation for charcoal | Global development
- Five Decades in the Making: Why It Took Congress So Long to Act on Climate – The New York Times
- The UN recently declared a universal human right to a healthy, sustainable environment. Here’s where resolutions like this can lead
- Mesmerizing sand art emerges at San Francisco’s Ocean Beach
HE EARTH HAS PROBLEMS, AND WE AREN’T HELPING, NOT EVEN THOSE WHO CLAIM TO CARE.
We humans seem to have a problem accepting the obvious. We squabble over the uncertain and ignore the undeniable. We fail to solve the things we can. Deforestation could be addressed – but it is not. Overpopulation could be addressed – but it is not. We humans prefer dramas. We prefer to fight over petty issues. We want to feel good, not do good. We don’t offer sacrifice, unless it is the sacrifice of someone else. The earth has problems, and we aren’t helping, not even those who claim to care.