- Haines landslide recovery is an ongoing marathon, requiring strength and resilience.
- Doomsday clock – The News International
- Community mourns Sea Bright Ocean Rescue Capt. Mike Hudson after sudden death
- IRS mileage reimbursement offered to some Washoe County parents – Reno Gazette Journal
- Why Solar Power Is Failing Amid Record-Breaking Heat
- The biggest thing Congress has ever done to address climate change
- Three solar energy companies challenge Mechanic Falls’ ordinance on annual inspections
- Colombia to focus on fighting deforestation, tracing cattle
HE EARTH HAS PROBLEMS, AND WE AREN’T HELPING, NOT EVEN THOSE WHO CLAIM TO CARE.
We humans seem to have a problem accepting the obvious. We squabble over the uncertain and ignore the undeniable. We fail to solve the things we can. Deforestation could be addressed – but it is not. Overpopulation could be addressed – but it is not. We humans prefer dramas. We prefer to fight over petty issues. We want to feel good, not do good. We don’t offer sacrifice, unless it is the sacrifice of someone else. The earth has problems, and we aren’t helping, not even those who claim to care.