- Deforestation accelerated in Brazil while climate talks were underway in Egypt
- Cattle Genetics may impact carbon emissions
- A Treaty to Fight Plastic Waste
- The Battle to Save the Amazon Goes Beyond Bolsonaro, Lula
- These 700 new species are facing extinction
- Climate change could force 1.2 billion to move by 2050. Is the world even remotely ready?
- Putting ocean plastic pollution to good use
- Governor Hochul Announces Graduation of 18 New York State Environmental Conservation Police Officers
HE EARTH HAS PROBLEMS, AND WE AREN’T HELPING, NOT EVEN THOSE WHO CLAIM TO CARE.
We humans seem to have a problem accepting the obvious. We squabble over the uncertain and ignore the undeniable. We fail to solve the things we can. Deforestation could be addressed – but it is not. Overpopulation could be addressed – but it is not. We humans prefer dramas. We prefer to fight over petty issues. We want to feel good, not do good. We don’t offer sacrifice, unless it is the sacrifice of someone else. The earth has problems, and we aren’t helping, not even those who claim to care.