CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WVIR) – Virginia’s energy plan is updated every four years, and a new plan is due this fall.
Virginia has, for the first time, produced more energy from solar power than coal.
The previous 2018 Energy Plan, which prioritized utility-owned and utility-operated wind and solar resources, paved the way to this achievement, and this years energy plan will maintain this same focus, with one of Governor Youngkin’s goals being to increase power grid and energy supply reliability.
The University of Virginia has also been adopting solar energy, constructing remote solar sites and installing solar panels on rooftops on UVA Grounds.
“Rooftop solar can be paired with storage at the source or installing energy storage to the grid directly, so it will definitely help us see increases towards the reliability objectives,” Senior Project Coordinator Elizabeth Marshall said.
Solar sites at UVA produce about a quarter of its total electricity.
Copyright 2022 WVIR. All rights reserved.
Do you have a story idea? Send us your news tip here.
Wise (formerly TransferWise) is the cheaper, easier way to send money abroad. It helps people move money quickly and easily between bank accounts in different countries. Convert 60+ currencies with ridiculously low fees - on average 7x cheaper than a bank. No hidden fees, no markup on the exchange rate, ever.
How to access the offer?
1- Click here
2- Select “Register''
3- Enter your email address, create a password, and select your country of residence
4- Fill out the required personal information, and the free first transfer offer will be applied automatically.
Benefits of the Multi-Currency Account:
- Free to create online
- Hold 50+ currencies
- Get multiple local bank details in one account (including EU, UK, US)
- Convert currency at the real exchange rate, even on weekends
- Spend whilst travelling on the Wise debit card without high conversion fees
Wise International Transfers:
- $1.5 billion saved by customers every year
- Send money to over 60 target currencies
- Lower fees for larger transfers
- No hidden fees. No bad exchange rates. No surprises.
- Send your money with a bank transfer, or a debit or credit card